tilde.team has a mailserver. here are your options:
clients and connection settings
- mutt - should work out of the box
- alpine - should work out of the box
- some clients will autoconfigure (tested with thunderbird)
- email address: email@example.com (or any of the aliased domains)
- username: username (without the domain)
- password: your shell password
- port info:
- imap: imap.tilde.team port 143 (starttls)
- imaps: imap.tilde.team port 993 (tls)
- pop3: pop3.tilde.team port 995 (tls)
- smtp: smtp.tilde.team port 587 (starttls)
- smtps: smtp.tilde.team port 465 (tls)
alternate domains and addresses
because ~ben hoards domain names, you can
use any of the domains on this list with your tildemail:
mail sent to yourusername@ any of those domains will end up in your
inbox. most clients will allow you to add additional identities/aliases.
additionally, any address with a
+ and arbitrary text behind it
will be forwarded to your email: ie.
plus-addresses are very useful for filtering mail.
forwarding and sieve
if you would like your tildemail to be forwarded somewhere else, put that
email address in a file called
echo firstname.lastname@example.org > ~/.forward
we also have sieve and
scripts belong in
~/sieve/, with the active sieve script
~/.dovecot.sieve (to conform with managesieve).
here are some example sieve scripts
managesieve is available on the default port (4190) if you want
to use an external managesieve client (like the thunderbird add-on).
our webmail is pre-configured
to manage your sieve scripts.
ask ~ben if you have any questions